Re: Partitioning SparcStation

ferret@phonewave.net wrote:

> On my IPX, there are some options in the PROM environment that have to do
> with the boot process. Key in `printenv' at the PROM console prompt (ok)
> and go from there. I'm afraid I can't step through my machine right now.

Thanks to everyone that responded.  It turned out to be a combination of
several suggestions people gave me.  The solution was to enter

setenv boot-device disk1:1

Now it reboots with no manual intervention.  Even though this is an older
SparcStation, I am *very* happy with the machine and how Debian runs on it!

Thank you everyone.

Fraser

P.S. Perhaps this should be added to the Debian-SPARC install manual?