Re: New set of sparc boot disks

On Sat, 15 Jan 2000, Ben Collins wrote:

> The new set of disks are at:
>
> ftp://marcus.debian.net/pub/debian/disks-sparc/current

Tried a floppy installation on an LX; it boots, partitions the disk, etc.,
but at "install operation system kernel and modules" time, after I
reinsert the rescue disk, the disk is read and spat back out (which is
normal), but instead of getting a prompt to insert the driver disk, we
get the message:

/target/sun4cdm/drivers.tgz: No such file or directory

which is entirely true, of course, but doesn't help us get much further.
I tried various tricks (mounting the floppy, mkdir /target/suc4cdm and
untarring, cp'ing, and the like) but nothing quite wanted to work.

NFS mounts don't quite seem to be working, either; "mount" claims that the
remote volume is mounted, but an ls /instmnt says that nothing's there.

I checked the 06-Jan floppies, which do prompt for the driver-1.bin disk,
and load it OK.

John Chapman        hannes@eskimo.com       hannes@pop.nwnexus.com