Re: missing keys in X11

On Tue, Dec 14, 1999 at 09:06:50PM +0100, Volker Gülke wrote:
> Hello everybody,
> I have a SUN SPARCstation 10 running with debian slink and problems with
> missing keys under X11. The dmesg shows me that I am using a "SUN Type 5
> keyboard without keyclick" in a German version. My problem is now, that I'm
> missing the "< > |" symbols which are located on the same key (keynumber
> 124 - taken from showkey).
>
> My questions are now:
> - where is the correct configuration file for my keyboard?
> - which are the correct parameters I need to add for the three keys above?
> - is there somebody who have a complete defined keytable for X and a German
> SUN Type 5 keyboard who might send it to me?

On SparcLinux there is no config file for the Xserver. You just use the
commandline arguments.

You should try something like:

-xkbmap type5_de_nodeadkeys

If you look in the file /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/keymap/sun/de
you'll see the different possible maps for de mapping.

Greetings,

				Christian
--
Christian Meder, email: meder@isr.uni-stuttgart.de