Re: OTS: Need Help: Solaris + Sparc + Network Install + Linux

On Thu, 18 Mar 1999, Dragon wrote:

> As I understand it, 2.2.x bundles NFS, or at least parts,  into the
> kernel, as opposed to being a userland (RPC) program, increasing the
> much maligned Linux NFS efficiency. I could be mistaken, but 2.2.x should
> /definitely/ be worth /trying/. :>

	Ok, I will try 2.2.x. I just updated my P100 to Debian 2.1
yesterday, so it should be interesting to see how it handles the jump to
2.2.x. A prelimary look at the required program versions show that
everything on my system is up to date. I guess I just compile, install,
reboot and cross my fingers! :)
	I will try it this evening. Thanks for your help!

|   "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."                     |
|                                            --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV)    |
|  Ryan Kirkpatrick  |  Boulder, Colorado  | rkirkpat@nag.cs.colorado.edu  |
|               http://www-ugrad.cs.colorado.edu/~rkirkpat/                |