Re: newbie with sparc 1+

>>>>> "Harold" == Harold Hartley <haroldh@midmaine.com> writes:
Harold> I am a new user with a sparc 1+ and have 1 floppy drive and 2
Harold> hard drives....  I am currently runnning unix solaris 1 ver
Harold> 4.1.3 on it now...  I want to put linux on it....

Harold> I guess I need to find out more about the whole process and
Harold> have been reading up all I can on it...  I read about the
Harold> bootfloppies and I have no idea about formating a floppy on
Harold> the sparc to get the files for sparc...

Are you saying that you've read the newest installation manual
(<URL:http://www.debian.org/releases/slink/> and that you find the
instructions for creating floppies in solaris inadequate?

Try 'man fdformant'...