Re: slink CD sparc - testing success

> > Are there any tests I can do which don't involve nuking my system?
>
> Hook up a spare hard drive?

What I usually do for testing the installation procedure is borrow my
swap partition for the purpose.

Of course that means the installation itself has to work without swap.
When I did this on a machine with only 8 MB memory a horrific
inefficiency in "depmod -a" was revealed. I sent a patch, but the whole
package is being rewritten in C++, apparently, so probably my patch is
useless and the next version of modutils will be even more inefficient

(With my modutils patch it is possible to install i386 Debian with 8 MB
memory and no swap, by the way!)

Edmund