Re: slink CD sparc - testing success

Jules Bean <jmlb2@hermes.cam.ac.uk> writes:

> Us sludgy cam-abouts have at last got all the CDs to the right places..

> And I have at last tried out some sparc CDs, burnt by matthew I think, and
> they boot fine on my sparc 2.

Did you try the pre1 CDs or the 2.1_r0 CD's that were uploaded
yesterday?

> Are there any tests I can do which don't involve nuking my system?

Hook up a spare hard drive?

The only thing you can do without writing to disk would be to make
sure the CD boots into the install program with both "linux" and
"linux-2.2".

I guess you could also try booting into Debian, setting up dselect for
multi-cd and pointing it at the second CD.  I really haven't fully
tried the multi-CD stuff - I've only burned the first CD.

Steve
dunham@cse.msu.edu