Re: floppyless, network installation -- possible?

Eric> Adam Di Carlo wrote:
>>  Running thru a tftp installation on my new sparc, I realized that
>> either I'm confused (and the documentation too), or you can't
>> install floppyless/cd-less.
>>
>> For instance, sure, you can boot from tftp, but when you try to
>> install the operating system and modules, you'll still need a
>> non-network installation mechanism, either floppy or CD.  You can't
>> NFS at this point, nor can you use TFTP to get the kernel and the
>> modules, AFAIK.

Eric> You need to configure the network first. After that, you will be
Eric> given a new "nfs" entry in the list of sources.  I agree this
Eric> item could appear in the alternate list of items but in the
Eric> meantime it just could be well documented ;-)

This is so silly.  In fact, I documented it last Saturday, so it's
even in the install documentation.  So stupid of me!