Re: hardware question: power supply rating for sparc 5

On Thu, 9 Dec 1999, Chris Trainor wrote:

> 150W is correct.  The reason why most PC's have bigger supplies is because
> you can put a lot more stuff in them generally.  Also, many of the 200W PC
> power supplies i've run into wont' run at 200W for too long. :)

Note that my SS4/110 had a problem that after I upgraded the disk from the
1gb disk it came with to a 4gb, and stuck an sbus card in, when it got
hot, it would randomly hang. It turned out the power supply was too small
and I had to upgrade to the 250W (I think... the one the SS5/170 used)
power supply to make it happy.

-D