Re: ssh between Linux Sparc and PC

On Sun, 26 Sep 1999, Ben Collins wrote:

> Actually the modprobe problem may be realted to your getty's respawning, which in
> turn may be causing your ssh problem. Sounds like you have a headless machine
> that is running getty's or you didn't configure one of the console type supports.
>
> If you are running a headless system, I suggest commenting them out of /etc/inittab
> and running "init q" as root.
>
> Ben

I am in fact running janus headless (mostly), not for any good reason but
because I haven't yet gotten around to buying a Sun-compatible kvm switch.

When I need to do admin work on it, I move my monitor connection over from
the PC and attach a Sun keyboard/mouse. Should I uncomment the gettys from
inittab and rerun init q before re-heading?

--Walter

Walter Keeler                          *  If my words did glow...    *