Re: ssh between Linux Sparc and PC

On Sun, Sep 26, 1999 at 11:50:47AM -0700, Walter Keeler wrote:

> In looking into /var/log/syslog, I'm finding the following error messages
> repeated a lot:
>
> janus init: Id "1" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
> (repeated for Id "2" through Id "6")
>
> janus modprobe: can't locate module char-major-4
>
> If I had to guess, I'd say that the respawning messages are likely related
> to my ssh problem, while the modprobe probably isn't.

Actually the modprobe problem may be realted to your getty's respawning, which in
turn may be causing your ssh problem. Sounds like you have a headless machine
that is running getty's or you didn't configure one of the console type supports.

If you are running a headless system, I suggest commenting them out of /etc/inittab
and running "init q" as root.

Ben