Re: SILO

Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> > Hello Jakub,
> >
> > does it solve a problem I discovered last week with old sparc ?
>
> I'm not aware of it plus have no old sparcs (if old sparc is anything older
> than SS5), so you have to try yourself.

It's a SS2 (PROM rev. 2.4.1).

> If you will still see it, please send me what exactly does it do, so that I
> can look for some remedy.

Aarrgh.  It works now even with my old bootdisk (silo 0.8.6) :-((
It seems my floppy drive is not reliable at all.
This trial was made just after I powered up my SS2, whereas the last time it
failed was after many hours of uptime.

Ok, I waited some time (about 1 hour) then tried again.  Now I get the
following message:

    Press <ENTER> to boot!
    boot:
    Uncompressing image...
    /
    Read error on block 222

    Read error

Sorry, it's too late to do more tests... maybe next week.
Regards.