Re: Can't add "local" route

On Sun, Sep 19, 1999 at 11:39:42PM +0200, Andreas Jaehnigen wrote:
> Hi everybody....
>
> I'm trying to install Debian on a Sparc clone... It runs kernel 2.2.12
> (compiled it myself). A Sun Lance ethernet card is successfully detected upon
> kernel startup.
> However, initialisation scripts give me errors, especially the "network ones".
> in /etc/rcS.d/
>
> The script "S40" tries to add some routes.. and whoooooops! ....
>
> SIOCADDRT: Invalid argument
>
> What's going wrong here? I suppose I forgot to add some sort of support in the
> kernel-- but which kind of??
> Hints are greatly appreciated!! And thanks!! :-))

Might be from the upgrade from 2.0 to 2.2 kernels.  2.2 Kernels automatically
set routes for interfaces configured by ifconfig so when adding the
same route again you get an error ...

Just kill route commands from your setup except the default route

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff		flo@rfc822.org		      	+49-5241-470566
  ...  The failure can be random; however, when it does occur, it is