Re: Anyone got raid to work on a sparc?

On Wed, 15 Sep 1999, Anders wrote:

> In short what i've done is creating /etc/mdtab with
> mdcreate raid0 /dev/md0 /dev/sdb1 /dev/sdc1
>
> this gives a /etc/mdtab containing
> /dev/md0        raid0,4k,0,f9b7b5b6 /dev/sdb1 /dev/sdc1
>
> >From what i've read in howto's and man pages i should now be able to just
> type mdadd -a to add /dev/md0 and i've also tried 'mdadd /dev/md0
> /dev/sdb1 /dev/sdb2'
> both of these gives the error,
> /dev/sdb1: Invalid argument
> /dev/sdc1: Invalid argument
>
> I've tried raidtools 0.42 and 0.41(0.41 is the only one i'we been able to
> compile)
> The kernel version i'm using is 2.2.12
> Computer is an ELC
>
> Would I be better off with another kernel version or another version of
> raidtools?

I'd probably use the latest raid patch (available from
ftp.kernel.org:/pub/linux/daemons/raid/alpha, version 19990824) with
raidtools2... It is much nicer, with raid autodetection, etc

--
Madarasz Gergely           gorgo@caesar.elte.hu         gorgo@linux.rulez.org
                    HuLUG: http://mlf.linux.rulez.org/