Kernel compiles - slink/ipx/2.0.35

Hi,

I don't know if anyone can help... I'm having serious problems getting a
kernel compiled on my IPX running slink. I've tried 2.0.35 applied the patch
etc all fine.... configured, make dep; make clean then when I go to make
vmlinux it spews about aout.c.

I even tried removing aout binary support.. no help.

Tried: gcc, g++, egcc and even tried the source direct from kernel.org.

I also tried compiling some of the newer kernels even though from what i
understand right now they break a few things on slink.. (2.2.1)

So, I was wondering before I start spewing thousands of lines of errors to
the list if maybe someone could either let me know if there is some sort of
problem with the kernel source/compilers that are in the standard packages
as far as compiling sparc kernels go.

Or maybe if i sent someone a config file they would be willing to do the
compile for me?

Thanks
James Ireson
jireson@weeble.oooarrr.cx