Re: Bug in dynamic linker

> > > i took the redhat binutils package and coverted it with alien. then i
> > > recompiled binutils on my system. you can get the recompiled debian
> > > package by anonymous ftp from ftp://caliban.lbl.gov/pub/debian/sparc.
> > > it doesn't have the spar64 emulation though. but at least i can link
> > > programs again.
> > >
> > > --alex--
> >
> > I downloaded all of the debs (thanks!) and installed them, even
> > tried rebooting, but I still have the SAME problem! Any other ideas,
> > short of reinstalling with a crowbar?
>
> Could everyone how is having ld problems do me a favor so I can compile some
> sort of list and maybe find some answers to this problem? Just supply:
>
> Kernel version:
Linux 2.2.1
> Gcc version:
2.95.1-0pre1
> binutils version:
2.9.1.0.25-2
> glibc version:
2.1.2-0pre12
> CPU Type (sun4[cdmu]):
sun4c (ipx)
> ldso (package) version:
1.9.11-2

> Also note whether any of these are debian packages, or self compiled.

Originally, ALL were stock potato packages. Then I downloaded Alex Romosan's
re-compiled .deb's and installed them (same version names as the ones I
had installed before), with no difference.

Thanks for any help, let me know if you want more information.

james