NIS problems with Potato on Sparc

Hi,

I have recently been trying to set up a Sun IPX as a NIS server for a small
lab full of Linux machines. However, the installation of the NIS package
hangs at the point where it tries to start ypbind. I have seen the same
problem with setting up a NIS client on another IPX, but with slink rather
than potato which I am using here.

Is this a known problem or have I screwed something up? Pretty much
everything else on this Sun works great (much faster than Solaris!).

- Daniel