read write ufs from Linux

Hallo,

I just install Debian-sparc on a Ultra 5. The Linux System is currently on
/dev/hda8 and booting the Linux system is no problem via tftp. But I want to
boot the Solaris system as well, therefore I need to move the /boot directory
below the 1GB boundary i.e. the first partition.

The Problem is as follows. /dev/hda1 is a ufs system (I have no idea of the
ufstype). I mounted the partition and can read from it but I'm not able to
write to it. Is there a special option to mount program in order to get write
permissions. I have tried the --o remount = rw options but it didn't work.

Many thanks in advance.
Martin

         ***                                                Martin Bruns
        *****                                 mailto:Martin.Bruns@gmx.de
        *****                      http://privat.schlund.de/Martin_Bruns
         ***                                            Weinsbergstr. 92
         \ /                                               50823 Cologne
         ###                                                     Germany
         ###                   fon: +49 221 2792134 fax: +49 221 2792138