Re: Serial ports and disk problems

* agcarver@resnet.gatech.edu wrote:
> Disk problem:  I'm trying to install 2.1 on another IPX 4/50 configured
> identically to the one above.  However, during the scsi probe, the hard
> drive isn't detected.  The drive works because Solaris (which came
> preinstalled) boots just fine.  Any ideas anyone?

What kind of error message are you getting?  Are you getting the "live
target 0 not responding to selection" error?  Which SCSI controller
card do you have (it should be identified by the kernel as it's
booting up)?  Is your drive a Maxtor LXT213SY?  Does kernel 2.0.35
work fine?

Max

--
The hopeful depend on a world without end
Whatever the hopeless may say