DNS fails on Sun after moving NIS

Sorry about posting this to the Debian mailing list, as this has more
to do with SunOS, but I don't know of any other place I can ask this.

I just moved our NIS server from a SunOS 4.1.4 machine to a Debian
machine, and none of the TCP/IP tools (ping, telnet, ftp, etc.) work
on the SunOS box anymore.  The SunOS machine is running ypbind, and
the Linux machine is running ypserv.  The /etc/resolv.conf file is set
up correctly on the SunOS box and it should be going to DNS for name
resolution.  Instead, it tries to look all entries up in the hosts
map, and of course fails.  On Linux, this behavior is controlled by
/etc/nsswitch.conf.  Does anyone know how to fix this on SunOS?

Thanks,
    Max

--
The hopeful depend on a world without end
Whatever the hopeless may say