configuring X

What do I need to do to configure X on my SPARC 2?  I'm used to having
the xf86setup package on the Intel machines, but it doesn't seem like
it's available for SPARC.  I already figured out that I need to
symlink /dev/mouse -> /dev/sunmouse, but when I type "startx", the
screen goes blank and nothing happens.  There is no XF86Config file,
so that could be the problem, but isn't this something that should be
installed by the configuration scripts?

Thanks for any help,
    Max

--
The hopeful depend on a world without end
Whatever the hopeless may say