ypbind fix?

Has anyone been able to find a fix for the dreaded ypbind hang?  From
the mailing list archives, I understand that using either ypbind-3.3
or ypbind-mt-1.4 will solve the problem, but neither one is available
in a Debian package.  So, would the maintainer be willing to upgrade
the nis package?  If not, can someone supply me with a compiled
version of ypbind?  I have an old SPARCStation 2 with a tiny amount of
disk space that prevents me from installing gcc and compiling it
myself.

Thanks,
    Max

--
The hopeful depend on a world without end
Whatever the hopeless may say