Re: More glibc 2.1.1 stuff
- To: Steve Dunham <email@example.com>
- Cc: Ben Collins <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Stephen Zander <email@example.com>, Joel Klecker <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: More glibc 2.1.1 stuff
- From: Ben Collins <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 11:40:40 -0400
- Message-id: <19990418114040.M11649@visi.net>
- Mail-followup-to: Steve Dunham <email@example.com>, Ben Collins <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Stephen Zander <email@example.com>, Joel Klecker <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>; from Steve Dunham on Sun, Apr 18, 1999 at 03:01:59PM +0000
- References: <email@example.com> <19990416143356.H20993@visi.net> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <19990417002534.A3060@visi.net> <email@example.com> <19990417080552.C3060@visi.net> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <19990418080409.G11649@visi.net> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sun, Apr 18, 1999 at 03:01:59PM +0000, Steve Dunham wrote:
> Ben Collins <email@example.com> writes:
> > On Sat, Apr 17, 1999 at 11:02:40PM -0700, Stephen Zander wrote:
> > > >>>>> "Steve" == Steve Dunham <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> > > Steve> Also - I've never had the init locking syndrome on my SS20
> > > Steve> - I've had lock ups during the boot sequence, but never
> > > Steve> init itself. What kernel is Stephen running?
> > >
> > > This is with a 2.2.0-pre7 kernel. I've got 2.2.5 on some boxes at work
> > > but haven't upgraded the SS5 at home. As soon as I work out which
> > > files to replace I'll build a new kernel. :)
> > It does the same with the 2.2.5 kernel, which is what I am running.
> The stock 2.2.5 kernel or the cvs 2.2.5 kernel?
I've tried both.
> I just tried your new glibc on the SS20 here, and it works fine
> (2.2.5-cvs kernel). I just installed it over a fresh slink base
Do you maybe have a lower end sun4m like an ss5 or LX to try on? I'm
using an LX.
> I've backed my sun4u to glibc 2.0.105 so I can compile some stuff for
> slink. (Update the gnome packages - I can't really do this on an xia
> machine without root since it involves build, install, build, install
You can if you want, use the new glibc since binaries compiled on it
work fine with the older glibc >=2.0.99. In fact will be better that we
do start compiling with this once the issues are worked out.
> Somebody also has to update the XFree86 126.96.36.199 packages (IIRC,
> Branden did a security update) for slink.
> Whoever does the 188.8.131.52 packages should merge in the latest patches
> from UltraPenguin. They have added accelleration to the Creator port,
> and added an accelerated Leo port. (I will probably end up doing
> this, but if time permits someone else to do it first...)
I'm not familiar with the X build, but if you send me the patches I
will try to get it done.
----- -- - -------- --------- ---- ------- ----- - - --- --------
Ben Collins <email@example.com> Debian GNU/Linux
OpenLDAP Core - firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
UnixGroup Admin - Jordan Systems The Choice of the GNU Generation
------ -- ----- - - ------- ------- -- ---- - -------- - --- ---- - --