Re: More glibc 2.1 problems

Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> writes:

> I'm literally getting fed up with glibc 2.1.1. Right now it works on my
> sun4c and sun4u, but it goes nuts on a sun4m.

> Can some one else confirm this?

> http://master.debian.org/~bcollins/glibc/

I updated to 2.1.1-0.2 the other day and a bunch of things broke.
(e.g. apt's http method segfaults inside a pthread function call.)
When I went back to 2.1.1-0.1.1, everything started working again.
(2.2.5 cvs kernel.)   This is on an Sun4u machine.

Note that I am not running "nscd" (nscd seems to cause bus errors on
name lookups after you cahange versions of libc).

What changed between 0.1.1 and 0.2?

Steve
dunham@cse.msu.edu