Re: X server just kills itself !?

> Since I recompiled a 2.2.1 kernel, X server just quit and return to xdm every 1-2 minutes.
> The server freeze, then goes black and...stops.
>
> A message on the console says: modprobe error: unable to find module fb1 (same message with fb2)
> Of course, I didn't find any module with that name anywhere (even in the .config file)

Hmm, have you compiled support for your framebuffer? (If you use modules and want it to autoload, you should alias fb1 (though I though it was fb0) to whatever framebuffer is your primary framebuffer.)

/Anders

Anders Hammarquist                                  | iko@cd.chalmers.se
Physics student                                     | Hem: +46 31 47 69 27
Chalmers University of Technology, G|teborg, Sweden | Mob: +46 707 27 86 87