Re: X server just kills itself !?

On Thu, Apr 01, 1999 at 04:53:28PM +0200, Anders Hammarquist wrote:

> Hmm, have you compiled support for your framebuffer? (If you use modules and want it to autoload, you should alias fb1 (though I though it was fb0) to whatever framebuffer is your primary framebuffer.)

I didn't see any aliases from fb* to elsewhere.

"make xconfig" cause some Pb, when framebuffer is enabled, some features are not accessible, and I get:
ERROR - Attempting to write value for unconfigured variable (CONFIG_FONT_SUN8x16).
ERROR - Attempting to write value for unconfigured variable (CONFIG_FBCON_FONTS).

BTW, "make menuconfig" (which doesn't ask console drivers questions) automatically set all framebuffers options
to Yes. I admit I don't completly understand frame buffering concept, and I really don't know how to
see what kind of chipset is on my computer.

Finally, someone proposed to do a chmod 666 on /dev/fb*

seems to work, but it doesn't explain me what happened

Max
--
Baudin maxime
mbaudin@iut.univ-mlv.fr