missing sed

I had exactly the same problem (missing sed), from the potato version.  I was
able to copy a usable sed onto the hd and also onto the root ram filesystem
by extracting the base2_1.tgz file on another machine and copying sed by floppy.

In the end (some other floppy related problems - can't remember what), I
configred tftpd/rarp on my i386 machine and net booted - worked fine.

Took me ages to work out the man-pages, and had to do a tcpdump to work out
what to call the symbolic-link to the boot.img file though.

A bit more info in the release notes could be really useful for peeps like me
who've obtained a sparc machine but don't know much about it.

Works well now - thanks to all for sorting the sparc distro,

Cheers,

Mark