Re: missing packages in slink (continued)

Jules Bean <jmlb2@hermes.cam.ac.uk> writes:

> On 26 Jan 1999, Steve Dunham wrote:
> >
> > As far as I can tell, the source to the X packages are nowhere to be
> > found.  They are cleverly disguised with the same name as Branden's X
> > packages, but there are absolutely no sparc patches in his source.

> > There are X packages with source on my site, and I have patches
> > against a fairly recent version of Branden's source (pre8 of the
> > package in slink), but they were developed seperately from the
> > packages in slink (since the source is MIA) and need more testing.

> > (My packages contain all of the patches from UltraPenguin, plus one
> > that I have made myself, but I see that Jakub has added some more
> > creator patches to the UltraPenguin one since then.)

> Anders Hammarquist normally maintains our x-servers - he probably knows
> where the source is ;)

> I now find that fakeroot doesn't work for me.  I'm building this package
> as root, but there's another problem needing investigation.

Fakeroot locks up for me (or rather it sits there waiting for a
process to exit).  It's seems to stop at some sort of ipc call.

If I attach to the child process with "strace", it starts working.  If
I send SIGCONT to the child process, it starts working.

[pid  1840] stat("/user/dunham", {st_mode=S_IFDIR|0755, st_size=13824, ...}) = 0
[pid  1840] ipc(0xd, 0xe8c7376, 0x380, 0, 0) = 1536
[pid  1840] ipc(0xd, 0xe8c7377, 0x380, 0, 0) = 1537
[pid  1840] getpid()                    = 1840
[pid  1840] ipc(0x2, 0xe8c7378, 0x1, 0x380, 0) = 768
[pid  1840] ipc(0x1, 0x300, 0x1, 0, 0xefffdc80) = -1 EINTR (Interrupted system call)
                                              ^pauses here
[pid  1840] --- SIGCONT (Continued) ---

Steve
dunham@cse.msu.edu