Re: missing packages in slink (continued)

Jules Bean <jmlb2@hermes.cam.ac.uk> writes:

> On Tue, 26 Jan 1999, Jules Bean wrote:
> > Today's problem is that the new version of wanna-build uses the perl
> > module GDBM_File, which isn't part of sparc perl (presumably because we
> > didn't have a version of libgdbmg-dev around then).
> >
> > So, I'm about to rebuild perl, which will take all day..

> Hmm.. who compiled our perl?

> It won't build against libc2.1-pre, because of a change in the headers.

> See bug #29452

> Shouldn't we have a policy against binary uploads with no corresponding
> source?

As far as I can tell, the source to the X packages are nowhere to be
found.  They are cleverly disguised with the same name as Branden's X
packages, but there are absolutely no sparc patches in his source.

There are X packages with source on my site, and I have patches
against a fairly recent version of Branden's source (pre8 of the
package in slink), but they were developed seperately from the
packages in slink (since the source is MIA) and need more testing.

(My packages contain all of the patches from UltraPenguin, plus one
that I have made myself, but I see that Jakub has added some more
creator patches to the UltraPenguin one since then.)

Steve
dunham@cse.msu.edu