Re: NEWS for debian-boot

Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Jan 1999 22:11:37 +0100 (CET), Eric Delaunay <delaunay@lix.polytechnique.fr> said:
> > Sorry Adam, I was too busy last weeks to work on debian.  I'm
> > currently trying to build bootable sparc CDROM to do zero floppy
> > install.  I also hope I will have time to build a new set of
> > boot-floppies this week.
>
> I really need someone to document how to get tftp install going.  If
> you could just send me an outline of how to setup the tftp server and
> what bootparms need to be set.  Does it use DHCP?

No, it uses RARP protocol.

> There are many other aspects of sparc installation that require
> documentation.  Is anyone working on this?

I wrote a small document about Debian/sparc's specifics.  It's located in
.../dists/sid/main/disks-sparc/current/sparc_release_note.txt on the Debian
ftp mirror.
I'm not a native english speaker, so feel free to rewrite the doc if you think
it should be done...

> See sparc version of documentation (very *rough* for sparc) at
> <URL:http://www.debian.org/~aph/boot-floppies/sparc>.  If you go up a
> level there, you will see a source directory too.  I'd prefer patches
> against the SGML, but I'll accept any form of modifications.

Not now, sorry ;-(( Hope I will take a look at it tomorrow...

Regards.