Re: X server problems:

> A couple of problems which I definitely see with my X server:
>
> 1) Control key gets 'stuck' down.
>
> If I use <Ctrl-Alt-F1> to switch out of X into VC 1, and then use simply
> <Alt-F7> to switch back in, the server then behaves as if the ctrl key is
> held down.  This can be cleared easily enough by explicitly typing
> ctrl-something.

I haven't noticed this (but then I very rarely switch out of X). Does it
happen if you type <Ctrl-Alt-F7> to get back as well? (If not, it can probably
be fixed by inserting a synthetic 'clear all keys' after returning from a
different VC.)

> 2) Mouse gets occasionally seized by gpm
>
> Symptom is that the mouse will freeze after a switch between console and X
> mode.  I am pretty sure the interaction is with gpm since /etc/init.d/gpm
> stop fixes it.

Yes, Xsun and gpm don't get along sharing the mouse. This probably has to do
with the fact that gpm uses the linux way to talk to the mouse and Xsun uses
the sparc way.

> 3) Occasionally, the system will switch to the X VC for no reason.  This
> often seems to happen on the first console message since xconsole was
> launched.  This will often be accompanied by symptoms of X 'latching on' to
> the VC which was running when it happened.

This seems odd, I would almost suspect bugs in the virtual console kernel
code. I'll see if I can repeat it and figure anything out. (If anyone has tips
on how to get this to happen, let me know).

Regards,
/Anders
Anders Hammarquist                                  | iko@cd.chalmers.se
Not system administrator at DjungelData             | Hem: +46 31 47 69 27
Chalmers University of Technology, G|teborg, Sweden | Mob: +46 707 27 86 87