Re: Debian/sparc problems (and solutions?)

>  > I'm also seeing the problems with modprobe/insmod. I just can't seem
>  > to insert a kernel module, it always complains with the same cryptic
>  > error number. Anyone out there have any ideas on this one?
>
> insmod has worked before for me. It ceases to work after I upgradded
> to the new version (found on the net after Aug-15). So in this case,
> recompiling seems to break insmod. But the kernel I am using (got from
> the net) is still at version 2.0.33 and was compiled around Mars.
> Perhaps the kernel has to be recompiled too ?

Oddly enough, I recompiled modutils & insmod/modprobe are working now.
Unfortunately, autofs no longer works.  It was staying up for hours on end,
but now it's dying after a couple minutes again.  Dammit.

BTW, you should probably upgrade your kernel to 2.0.35 using the sources on
vger.  There are several fixes in 2.0.35 that make things a little more
stable.

--
Mike "No .sig for you" Shuey