Re: Sound suport on IPC

On Fri, 31 Jul 1998, Stephen J. Carpenter wrote:

> do I need any special packages or anything for sound?
> I configd the kernel sources for a recompile...no sound options in
> there either...

Answer Yes to the "Experimental drivers" question near the top of the
kernel configuration.

Then answer Y or M to the SparcAudio driver and then Y or M to the AMD7930
driver which is used in the sun4c.

The audio questions should come after the frame buffer questions.

For more information, look in arch/sparc/config.in for the call to "source
drivers/sbus/audio/Config.in".

Tom