help - Starting to port packages

[sorry this is a bit long...but I am anxious to get started]

Okj I got my IPC up and running pretty much. I did fall victum to the
messed up filesystem on ftp.debian.org (fristrating brining a CD image
of binary-sparc and finding its hardly a full system cuz of missing packages
...and no sym links to binary-all)

anyway...I uploaded an i386 package a bit ago (new one...my first "new"
package). It generates dtmf tones through the sound card. I decided
to test the compiler and system by trying to compile it...

I thought it might not work (since it used sound and all)...but it compiled
with almost NO MODIFICATIONS. Unfortunaly my IPC seems to have no sound
capabilities...I get "/dev/dsp: Operation not supported by device"
would anyone like to test it for me? I will be putting it up
on a public server ok it is uploaded to:
http://www.gis.net/~sjc/dtmfdial_0.2-1_sparc.deb
If it works I will upload it

This brings my next problem...xfstt (my other package). I would like
to compile the newest version for sparc, but it wont compile
I get tehse errors:
c++  -O6 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -DMAGNIFY=0 -DNDEBUG -c xfstt.cpp
-I/usr/X11R6/include/X11/fonts
In file included from /usr/include/sys/socket.h:37,
                 from xfstt.cpp:36:
/usr/include/bits/sockunion.h:25: netatalk/at.h: No such file or directory
In file included from /usr/include/netrose/rose.h:23,
                 from /usr/include/bits/sockunion.h:29,
                 from /usr/include/sys/socket.h:37,
                 from xfstt.cpp:36:
/usr/include/linux/rose.h:10: warning: `PF_ROSE' redefined
/usr/include/bits/socket.h:72: warning: this is the location of the previous
definition
make: *** [xfstt.o] Error 1

now.. /usr/include/linux is a sym link into the 2.0.35 kernel source...
I did this because the kernel-headers-2.0.33 package which is on my
sparc CD doesn't have rose.h

so...where are all the lib*-dev packages? I don't see libc6-dev
anywhere (not even in binary-all)...but I seem to have
allot of .h files...also I thought that libc6-dev
was suposed to contain the kernel headers? (is this just
an older version? how hard woul dit be for me to build the
latest version and upload it?)

sorry for putting in allot of questions at once but... my IPC is
finnaly up and I am anxious to get started

-Steve
--
** Stephen Carpenter ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** sjc@delphi.com **
"All authority is quite degrading."