Re: Where did all the packages go???

>OK, so it appears that hamm has disappeared from the archive (the
sparc
>part of it anyway.)
>
>So I update my apt sources list to look in slink.  No problem.  But
now, I
>get a lot of packages listed as obsolete/local.  Looking at the
archive,
>things like dpkg-dev have even disappeared.  Where are they???

	I noticed this over the weekend and shifted from ftp.debian.org to
ftp.us.debian.org (and had to modify the path slightly as well) in
dpkg.  I think they did a little housecleaning in Georgia.
	I had no trouble pulling down afterstep last night, so I know that
ftp.us.debian.org has binaries.  I'm looking into setting up a low-
bandwidth message system somewhat like http://slashdot.org aimed at
sparc-linux, but I really don't have the badwidth/time at the moment.
In the meantime, I've got some pages up on my (rather slow) link at
http://rocheworld.dyn.ml.org/debian-sparc.  If anyone has any ideas and
/or suggestions of things that should really be on those pages, I'm
open to suggestions...

	Also--how does one get the latest working kernal source?  I
couldn't get the 2.1.107 kernal to compile because of problems with
sbus_init not having enough arguments...
	(how do I get CVS from "vger" or whatever we're talking about)