some problem with debian-sparc-linux

	Hi,
	Now that the problem with my keyboard has been solved, there
are still a few minor problems with my sparc-linusx installation

1) Configuration of serial ports: At boot, I get the message:

Configuring serial port failed ...
Trying to load the serial modules manually
insmod serial: no modules by that name found
Cannot autoconfigure port: invalid argument
Cannot autoconfigure port: invalid argument
done
/dev/ttyS2: operation not support by device
/dev/ttyS3: operation not support by device

What I have done wrong. I have never configure the serial port and in
the installation menu, I was never asked to do so.

2) X installation: The package xbase_3.3.2.2-1.1_sparc.deb on
ftp.netg.se:/pub/Linux/sparc/X can't be installed because it required
ncurse-base (>= 1.9.9g-86) while that on the system is 1.9.9g-8. So I
have gto install of the main ftp site xbase_3.3.1-2.deb instead.

3) nis_2.10-1.deb can't be installed, it requires the old libc5 and
libgdbm1, both of them I can't find on the ftp site. (Alos why nis
isn't compiled with the new libc6 ?)

1) and 2) do not seem to have any visible effect to the operation of
the system, but 3) is a problem. The machine have been part of the
network through NIS and I can't afford to lost this facility. Have any
one succeed in installing nis in a sparc-linux system ?