Sun keyboard repeat rate mystery solved

As promised, I've looked in to the keyboard repeat rate problem, and I've
actually figured it out. It's quite simple really...

kbdrate as shipped in util-linux talks to a PC keyboard to set its repeat rate
(which, obviously, does not work for a Sun keyboard).

Xsun doesn't grok xset r

Xsun does grok (and sets the repeat rate when started with) -ar1 (delay) and
-ar2 (repeat) options.

I've hacked up a quick sunkbdrate program which gets/sets the repeat rate from
the console (X will use this rate as well unless you use -ar1/2. -ar1/2 will
not affect the console).

You can fetch source and binary from ftp.netg.se:/pub/Linux/sparc/ sunkbdrate
and sunkbdrate.c

Regards,
/Anders

Anders Hammarquist   |       Mud at Kingdoms        | iko@netg.se
NetGuide Scandinavia |   telnet kingdoms.se 1812    | Fax: +46 31 50 79 39
http://www.netg.se   |                              | Tel: +46 31 50 79 40