Re: SunOS emulation

On Fri, 24 Jul 1998, Stephen J. Carpenter wrote:

> wrong.... printf() is a function which is part of the c language...
> therefore you need libc.
>
> in fact,...one would be hard pressed to write a C program which could run
> without libc (and I am not counting staticly linked against
> libc either ;) )

Yes, I understand that it would still be using libc code, but if it's
statically linked, there would be no need to search for libc.so as the
code would be included in the binary at compile time. I was just trying to
eliminate it not finding the libs as a reason for it not to work.

Dave Broudy		dave@broudy.net