SunOS emulation

I have a question about SunOS emulation.  I got the libraries from a SunOS
machine, along with ld.so and ld.so.cache, all installed under
/usr/gnemul/sunos/{usr/lib, etc} Do I also need to do any sort of
ldconfig? And iBCS2 is only for Solaris binaries (this is what the RedHat
list archives seem to say, but that confuses me, I thought that they iBCS
stood for "Intel Binary Compatibility Spec", or something like that)

I can't currently get any SunOS binaries to work (I'm starting with simple
ones, cat, echo...).  I even compiled a really simple program that just
has one printf and is statically linked (I shouldn't even need the libs,
right?) This stuff was off of a sun4m, could that be the problem?

Well, all that any of them do is just sit there for a really long time,
and finally say: "./cat: connot execute binary file".  For subsequent
executions, they exit with the error much faster.

Is this a known problem and is there a known solution?

Dave Broudy		dave@broudy.net