Re: sparc status? A cry for information, and an offer to help

>The String problems can be fixed relatively easily by casting char*'s to
>class Stings's. I got to problems at link time dealing with the STL vector
>template. Actually, I get the same problems on my hamm x86 system, so I'm
>not sure how that binary got compiled either. The errors that I get are
>some of the oddest that I've seen, but here they are:
>
>gcc -o update-menus -g -fhandle-exceptions -Wall update-menus.o adstring.o  -lstdc++ #-lg++
>update-menus.o: In function `vector<int, __default_alloc_template<true, 0> >::~vector(void)':
>/usr/include/g++/stl_vector.h(.gnu.linkonce.t.construct__H2Zt4pair2ZC6StringZ6StringZt4pair2ZC6StringZ6String_PX01RCX11_v+0x14): undefined reference to `operator new(unsigned int, void *)'
[more errors]

That's an error I've seen more places. Try linking with g++ instead of
gcc and see if the errors go away. There are all sorts of tidbits that
get linked in with a c++ binary that c binaries don't get.

Regards,
/Anders

Anders Hammarquist   |       Mud at Kingdoms        | iko@netg.se
NetGuide Scandinavia |   telnet kingdoms.se 1812    | Fax: +46 31 50 79 39
http://www.netg.se   |                              | Tel: +46 31 50 79 40