Re: X compilation failure

> > Hmm, something didn't build right. Look for lines with *** in the
> > World.log that got generated by the build script, they should give
>
> What's weird is that there are no lines like that in there at any
> place.  Even stranger is that the errors with some yy... function that
> I saw scroll by when it was compiling twm (one of the things it
> complained about at the end) never appear in the world log.  I have no
> idea why not.

Now that you mention it, I recall fixing a redirection of stderr in
rules...

> > you an idea of what went wrong. (Also, you probably want to use the
> > patches I added to get the packages created right. They are in
> > ftp.netg.se:/pub/Linux/sparc/X/xfree86.diff.gz - note that they
> > include Mikes second patch as well).
>
> Has anybody made binary packages yet?  If so, I'd prefer to avoid
> recompiling the whole thing myself :-)

Yes, I have. It's in the same place (ftp.netg.se:/pub/Linux/sparc/X).
Didn't my announcement of it make it to the list? (I think I remember
getting a copy back)

Regards,
/Anders

Anders Hammarquist   |       Mud at Kingdoms        | iko@netg.se
NetGuide Scandinavia |   telnet kingdoms.se 1812    | Fax: +46 31 50 79 39
http://www.netg.se   |                              | Tel: +46 31 50 79 40