sparc-linux

	I would like to try the sparc/linux debian system on an old
Sun IPC. I have downloaded the file resc1440.bin in the directoty

debian/dists/hamm/main/disks-sparc/current

on the site ftp.de.debian.org and write it to a DOS disquette through
the rawrite command (I can't use the dd of Sun because of the
volume manager). However, the diskette won't boot. Here is what I get

ok> boot floppy
boot device: /fd
can't read disk label
can't open Sun disk label packages
can't open boot device

What is wrong ?

I have succeeded in booting the machine under redhat-4.2 this way. But
unfortunately redhat hasn't provide an installation boot diskette for
5.1