Re: UltraLinux (was Re: This Mailing list.)

>  >>>>>>  "Michael" == Michael Shuey <shuey@ecn.purdue.edu> writes:
>  Michael>  I'd love to see Debian running on that, but so far Debian/Sparc
>  Michael>  doesn't support sun4u (UltraSparc) machines.  The only Linux
>  Michael>  distribution I know of that will run on an Ultra 1 is UltraPenguin,
>  Michael>  a Redhat-based distribution.
>
>  SZ>  Where's the kernel sources etc for that? I too would like an
>  SZ>  UltraDebian! :)
>
> I could donate some of my time to get a UltraDebian ready.  However, being
> alone this would seem like a gargantuan task.

I'd love to help make UltraDebian a reality too, but there are just a few
things standing in the way, not the least of which is the fact that I don't
have a sun4u machine, I don't know enough about kernels, libc,and compilers
to help with the really big problems, and that I just don't have the time
right now.  But hey, maybe someday...

--
Mike "No .sig for you" Shuey