Re: libgdbmg1-dev (1.7.3-24): conflict with glibc-pre2.1

Eric Delaunay <delaunay@lix.polytechnique.fr> writes:

> Package: gdbm
> Version: 1.7.3-24
>
> There is a conflict between gdbm & glibc 2.1 about libndbm.{a,so}
> links: both packages provide them.

Hmm I don't think you meant to send this to debian-sparc.  Anyways,
I'm aware of this problem (have been for months, my bad), sorry I
haven't fixed it yet, but I don't have the time right now.  Secondly,
this is no longer a glibc 2.1-based architectures problem, but affects
stable glibc-based architectures too, consequently, Ray made sure
there is a Severity: `important' bug against libgdbm about it.
Hopefully this manic work-rush might relax by Tuesday and I can fix it
then.

--
James - "Yawn And Walk North"