  I compiled the latest dpkg but it fails to run.  dpkg & dselect hang before
reading the database.

Anybody succeeded in compiling & running dpkg >= ?
It seems the sysvinit package (2.74-4) requires a more recent release that the
one currently available in hamm for sparc (
I've got some times ago a release from a developer's site (don't
remember the path ;-( ) but it does not solve my problem.

Thanks in advance.