Re: silo problem

Tom Dyas wrote:
 > > 	I'm still trying to have a silo working with glibc.
 > >
 > > I had some problems, with some assembler code.
 > >
 > > There is a file, called jmp.S which defines the symbol
 > > __setjmp, which is also defined in /usr/lib/libc.a
 > >
 > > So, when it is time to link silo, I had this error:
 > > /usr/lib/libc.a(setjmp.o): In function `_setjmp':
 > > setjmp.o(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `__setjmp'
 > > jmp.o(.text+0x0): first defined here
 > > make: *** [second] Error 1
 >
 > The problem is that the second stage bootloader links with libc to bring
 > in some minor functions like the strcmp and such. Ideally, it should be
 > linked without libc just like the kernel.

Ideally. Yes, but, as you said, it bring in some minor functions.

 > Linking with libc gets into conflicts just like you encountered. The fix
 > is as follows:
 >
 > 1) Modify the Makefile so the second stage bootloader no longer links with
 > libc. Obviously, the userlevel "silo" utility needs to link with libc as
 > usual.

And how I can do this? silo is linked to libc, because it lacks a lot
of functions like str* and others... if I don't use libc, I had to
implement those functions on my own.

 > 2) Add implementations of any functions that become "missing".

I'm not confident that I will able to do it :-)

I had already try that way, but silo lacks these functions:
str*
mem*
ext2*
udiv, umul, urem and probably others...

BTW, isn't __setjmp already defined also in libc5?
(I haven't a libc5 system here)

thanks

Ciao
--
Davide Barbieri - paci@linux.it - paci@debian.org (Sparc Debian)
PGP fingerprint =  CD 8D A9 1E DB 0C B0 16  F8 2F BF 63 52 49 8B A8