Re: New name for glibc-sparc?

>>>>> Juan Cespedes writes:

Juan> On Sun, Feb 15, 1998 at 02:01:09PM +0100, Andreas Jaeger wrote:

>> > 	The `glibc-sparc' *source* package is what we are using now as
>> > the sources for libc6 in Sparc; however, there's nothing
>> > sparc-specific on it, it's just a newer version of the `glibc' used in
>> > other architectures.  We need another source package name so that the
>> > two versions can coexist.

I forgot one question:
Are you going to put the kernel headers in a separate package as it
has been done for glibc-2.0.6? This might be neccessary to make it
easier to work with different platforms - and IMHO glibc 2.1 will be
the successor to glibc 2.0.6 and should therefore follow it as much as
possible.

Andreas

--
 Andreas Jaeger   aj@arthur.rhein-neckar.de    jaeger@informatik.uni-kl.de