Re: login failure (was: Re: List of Uncompilable Sparc Packages)

Eric Delaunay writes:
 > Well, I investigated a bit further and found that login segfaults because
 > /etc/nsswitch.conf is not on my system.  Below is the end of the strace on
 > /bin/login:

[...]

 > I added the default /etc/nsswitch.conf coming with glibc sources and now it
 > works fine.
 > Juan, don't forget to provide this file in your next libc package.

Should this be in libc, or in some networking package?

Also, what exactly does the file do? I'm familiar with other U*NX OSes
that have similar files (HP/UX does, for one), but the syntax is
completely different. A man page would be nice...

- Jim