Re: Current State of Debian Sparc Port

> RedHat 5.0 is based on glibc 2.0.x. Sparc support wasn't put into glibc
> until glibc 2.1.x which is the development version. The RedHat sparc guys
> are backporting the sparc stuff to glibc 2.0.x but have been delayed.
> Remember that Alpha has always used glibc and that Intel support was in
> glibc 2.0.x from the outset.

Actually, Richard Henderson did the 2.1.x -> 2.0.x backport during
thanksgiving, the port does not depend on a working
versioning/binutils and passes all the tests.

Later binutils (post-10th of december I believe) have the versioning
bug fixed, so this also makes it possible to do a glibc-2.1.xx based
port.

Miguel
--
miguel@gnu.org