Sparc/Linux status

I recently tried installing Sparc Linux onto a SS2 I have here, and
boy, I hate to say it, but it's a mess under Debian.

I'd love to help compile packages for Debian/Sparc (or maybe it's
S/Debian? *wink*).. it seems it's desperately needed.

For instance, why does Red Hat 4.2 for Sparc have fdisk, but the
Debian install doesn't?

Why does Red Hat have a boot floppy, but Debian doesn't?

Why is dinstall terribly broken in the base1_2.tgz in the
disks-sparc/current directory? I couldn't even convince it that I'd
mounted my root partition (it kept telling me I needed to for some odd
reason..)

What can I do to help? Right now, unfortunately, the SS2 is running
Red Hat, because I wanted X and yp and other goodies.

Ben

--
Brought to you by the letters V and J and the number 6.
"Gorilla Gorilla Gorilla Gorilla Gorilla Gorilla (Stop That)" -- Alliances